Join us if you want to hear the story of the wonderful Riding Hall.
The whole building of the authentically reconstructed Riding Hall, that could have reborn due to the National Hauszmann Program, can only be visited on our Buda Castle walks. The former Royal Riding Hall was built to meet the needs of royal families as part of Alajos Hauszmann’s grandiose expansion project at the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries. As the cultural policy of the Communist Party following the World War II declared ancillary buildings useless, the Hall and with the neighbouring buildings were razed to the ground. Join our guided tour to learn about the history of the site. Walk around the Guardhouse, take the ramp down to the courtyard, visit the authentically rebuilt Royal Riding Hall with its marble foyer, marvel at the splended arena with its beautiful valuted wooden ceiling, royal/orchestral boxes, and see how the Hall meets the needs of our modern world.
Only two parts of the Hall can be visited free of charge, the marble foyer and a restricted area of the arena. If you are intereseted in much more join The Revival of the Royal Riding Hall walk. Our official and experienced tourguides can show you not only the entire building, but they also talk about how and why the Riding Hall was built, revealing the secrets of the reconstruction behind the scenes.
Palota Info Palace, 1014 Budapest, Buda Castle, Hunyadi court
Hunyadi Court – Matthias Fountain
- recommended for ages 12 and above
- the program starts at the specified time, we are unable to wait for late arrivals
- the walk is carried out regardless of weather conditions (for example in case of rain)
- we walk through cobbled roads, stairs and narrow corridors, the walk is not accessible for persons with disabilities
- suitable shoes are recommended
- this is an outdoor and indoor programme